Sunday, February 1, 2015

Quiet Book, Part 2

Here are the last five pages of the Quiet Book I made for my son to keep him busy during a long flight.

I took this idea directly from a Pintrest post I saw.  The bees move back and forth, and the flowers move up and down (like they're growing! Isn't it cute?).  The bees and the flowers are made out of felt.  How did I never realize before how easy felt is to work with?  It's amazing!


Ok, the phone handle is a little small and wonky, but I love that it's velcroed down so he can pick it up and play phone.  The numbers are foam.  And on every page of the phone book I have a picture of someone in his life (mom, dad, grandpa, grandma) along with their phone numbers.


This page was my favorite, and the one I'm most proud of.  My son loves trucks (what little boy doesn't?), so I made this page especially for him.  The clouds are velcro, the tires held on by buttons, and the guy and the dog are finger puppets that you can take out of the truck!  I felt so clever.  Speaking of felt, all the elements of this page are felt.

Except for the last page, I'm not taking any credit for the page ideas I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment