Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bleach Shirts

I saw an online tutorial, so I was inspired to try my hand at making Bleach Shirts.  They turned out pretty good.  It's basically just spraying on light layers of bleach and building them up to the shade you want.  You use freezer paper to draw the design on, then an exacto blade to peel off the layers, starting with the lightest first.  All my shirts are my own designs.

Here's my first attempt:


I decided I didn't like the bit he's laying on, so I did this one instead, which is available to buy at my Etsy store.
(the pocket was an accident.  I don't have pockets on the ones I sell).

Here's my second bleach shirt ever:
With this one I learned that you can burn the freezer paper and it's impossible to get off.  I poked holes in the shirt while trying.  Can't decide if I want to sell this one too or not.  It's a little more work, cutting out all those teeth.

This next one is another available to buy in my shop.  Penguin!
Unfortunately, you can see my handprints on this one.  After I made this I made a system to blot the bleach without leaving handprints.

Close up of the penguin:





And finally, I made a dinosaur shirt.  This one I really like, but the delicate lines are so tedious that, again, I'm not sure if I want to sell this one. (Again, you can see the handprints before I figured out how to avoid them).


Close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment