Thursday, January 22, 2009

My New Sewing Machine!

So, we finally broke down and got me a new sewing machine. Yay! I'm terribly excited about it. It was actually the cheapest one on the shelf, but it still does way more than the one it's replacing, and it consistently works. I love it.


Here's the one I inherited from my mom. It was her first sewing machine, so it's been around a while. My husband has been trying to get it working right again, and it does so-so (sew-sew! Get it? ....Okay, I'll stop now.) But we knew it would eventually die, so might as well get one that works all time.


I have to confess though, I don't actually know how to sew. I poured over the manual before I did anything (and my husband helped me. He's done more sewing than I have). And after a little practice (but not enough, because I'm impatient) I started working on my quilt again!


I'm having so much fun doing this. It's actually a little difficult to keep sewing in a straight line, but I'm getting the hang of it. I can't wait to see what my first quilt will look like!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Its lovely having a nice new shiny sewing machine. It took me years to replace my mothers old green Hasqvarna sewing machine (her original from 1960) but I love my new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on practicing those straight stitches You will get the hang of it. That old sewing machine has been in the family since 1950!. love Mom

    ReplyDelete