Monday, January 19, 2009

Scissors Fob

This past week, I took a break from the tablecloth (which is almost done!)

I recently joined an online cross-stitch exchange, Tiny Treasures, and a scissors fob was our first project. I had never done a scissors fob before (a scissors fob ties onto your scissors to help identify yours.)

My first fob came out much too big, so I put my own initial in the center and I'm keeping it.










And here is the back.









My second one came out teeny-tiny, but perfect! It was so small to stitch, I could hardly see it. This was my first time stitching on linen.


Here's the back. (The woman this is going to is nicknamed Mare.)














And a detailed view.






I am most happy with how they turned out. My first finished piece! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Both of your fobs are beautiful! I sent a fob to you in the exchange on 12th Jan - have you received it yet? Its coming from Ireland so the post can take anywhere from 4 days to 4 weeks! My email address is rmcrossan@yahoo.ie. I like your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, First off I want to say I am sorry for not posting about your lovely fob. I love it but my life has been crazy and I don't get on line often. I had thought I had posted that I received it and loved it but I mistakenly stuck that in a comment instead of posting as a new listing on the TT exchange group. I spent part of my childhood in Florida because my Grandmother had a house there. So I really enjoyed seeing the pretty orange tree photos and floss. My (lucky too have found)toxic temp job wipes me out and apparently leaves me brain dead too because my manners are generally good. Your stitching is lovely and your fob is truly a tiny treasure that I am lucky to call mine! Thank you

    ReplyDelete