Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Blanket

This is a project I just finished. My best friend is having a baby in February, and when I saw this adorable kit in the store, I had to get it for her. Of course, my mom is totally topping me by crocheting a blanket, sweater, hat, and booties for the baby, but I don't know how to crochet, so I don't feel too bad. I spent about four months on this.

And now that I'm done, I'm thinking this blanket wasn't as practical as I thought it would be; I'm afraid it will unravel every time I touch it. I haven't washed it yet to get the print off because I'm afraid of destroying it. I had the option of using a hidden stitch or just going all the way through and putting a backing on it later; I chose the hidden stitch. I regret it now; the lack of knots makes me nervous. At least they won't really use it; they live in Texas and don't have a great need for another blanket, so maybe they can just hang it on the wall or something.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. But, oh, it's so cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment