Thursday, December 18, 2008

Carry Bag















This is the bag I use to carry around whatever my current project may be at the time. I found this bag at www.everythingcrossstitch.com (subheading 'Stitchables') and I bought a bunch of them to give as gifts after my wedding. I gave one to my mom, my mother-in-law, and the girls who were my bridesmaids (though I did end up with one extra, so I have the terrible suspicion that I accidentally forgot someone. Oops. Oh well, I use it now). I'll try to remember to scan in some of the patterns I used for thier bags (I wish I had gotten pictures before I gave them away).

Anyway, I got sick of the beauitful but tricky design I used on everyone else's totes (I made six), so I used this watermelon design I found in one of my magazines.


These bags are neat, but hard to find. I found them in two sizes (the one I have is the large). You can see in the close-up that only a small section of the bag is aida (14 count, 9 x 9 in.) I think it would be really neat to find a bag that is entirely stitchable, but I have yet to find one. But, really, this one is fine and it makes a great gift.


I'll try to remember to scan in the watermelon pattern too.

1 comment:

  1. I love the watermelon design. Its a great idea for a tote bag as a gift!

    ReplyDelete