Sunday, December 21, 2008

Goodbye September

I know, not exactly needle art news, but it's significant to me (and not so personal that I don't want to share it).

Let me clarify: September is the name of my turtle. She was given to me a little over three years ago, and she is finally too big for me to take proper care of her anymore. She was the size of a quarter when I first got her, but now her shell measures six inches long. She's outgrown the tank we have (we can't afford a larger one. They're expensive!) and she totally destroyed two filters (also not exactly cheap. And now we're left with a bunch of unused filter inserts).

It was pretty tough, but I finally decided to put her in the pond behind my brother-in-law's. From there she won't be able to get to the road (and get run over, the mere thought of which horrifies me) and there are other turtles living there, so I think she'll be fine. Honest! I know you're not supposed to release tame turtles into the wild, but I seriously think she'll be fine. She's escaped before, and lived quite happily for several months before we found her again (very long, funny story. Which I'm not going to share because it's long).

And what post is complete without pictures? My husband was thoughtful enough to bring a camera along.





This one's my favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment